Fall is here and Wisconsin is the perfect place to live to see the beautiful colors of Fall. According to the TravelWisconsin.com website, Madison is currently at 15% Fall color, where Fon du Lac is showing about 65% color! The estimated week of peak color in Madison this year is the 4th week of October, so it’ll be here soon enough. We’re sharing some information on Fall and where to go to see the best Fall colors during the peak!
The Dos and Don’ts that will steer you clear of seasonal illness this year.
- Don’t be afraid to wipe down equipment before you use it. (To keep the germ spreading to a minimum, please be courteous to other gym goers by wiping off equipment after use as well)
- If your friends are sick, stay away. Encourage them to get better by sleeping, eating well, and drinking lots of fluids.
- About a $10 investment, a thermometer will help you determine if your fever is high enough to warrant a doctor visit. (Pro tip: You won’t want to go buy one when you are already sick, so be sure to have one handy.)
- You are in and out of public places all day. Think of all of the door knobs, elevator buttons and shared surfaces that you and countless others are touching. Use hand sanitizer regularly, but consider one with Aloe Vera to keep your skin from drying out.
- Don’t overwork your body to the point of complete susceptibility. Know your limits to keep your immune system at its best!
- Bathrooms are contaminated more easily than other areas. Using the bathroom sink for dishes may have been a thing to do in the dorms, but you have a kitchen now!
- Towels are a huge breeding ground for infections. Be sure to wash them often!
Share glasses, water bottles or eating utensils
- You know why.
- Second-hand smoke inflames mucus membranes in your throat, making you more vulnerable to infections.
- Fall is new relationship season; be careful not to swap saliva with someone who has a bug!