We are excited to bring another guest post to the blog. Jane Antonovich from Jane Antonovich Designs is back with part 3 of the 4 part Feng Shui Series on the MPM blog. If you missed part 1, you can check it out here: Feng Shui for Love and Romance. If you missed part 2, you can check it out here: Feng Shui for Health and Wellness.
Living Room Love!
Feng shui design is fun and exciting and can be incredibly transformative! Look what we’ve been up to — this is the living room in the charming St. Louis home of Laura.
Laura moved to her new home this spring and her home was a blank slate (well, with a little clutter tossed in)–and she was very open to allowing a BIG JUMP in energy for her home and her life–very BRAVE! Here are a few before pictures (previous owners) of her living room:
And so the Feng Shui challenge began…
…To lift the CHI (energy) of this space to match Laura’s gorgeous, glittering energy and beautiful life unfolding and blossoming right before her…
With the big open l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g room and “fast” placement of the wood flooring–“vertical” instead of “horizontal” to slow you down–we needed to use the furniture, rug, lighting, art and color to create a room that you would LOVE to walk into and STAY!
● The rug, with a pattern, designates The Room. (The rug always defines the space and sooooo many rugs are too small, causing a room to shrink…)
● The bright orange sofa creates a boundary on one end–shortening the long room, too.
● The vibrant Akiyama Art piece is the BIGGEST CHI HIT in the room and speaks to Joy, Beauty, Love, and Passion. It stops you right in your tracks, doesn’t it?
● The chairs, ottoman, side tables, pillows, lamps, cute dogs 🙂 and TV stand support the space and let the “main characters” (Art, Sofa, Rug) shine!
● A sweet dining table for 2 sets the stage for an intimate meal.
● Everything has a place and is beautifully put away. The result is a room that feels enchanting, delightful and speaks to a gorgeous future–Laura’s requests are RIGHT THERE woven into the Feng Shui fabric of her home…The abundance, romance and happiness she desires has arrived already and is supporting her to move toward MORE. We’re SO EXCITED for her!!!!
If you’re feeling that a Feng Shui transformation is in your future–we would love to work with you to create a home to support your dazzling life, too!
Lots of Love,
PS: I’ll be at the Dreambank, Madison, WI, on September 19th at noon talking about the Power of Decluttering–bring a friend and come see us!
PHOTO CREDIT: Mark Schepker
Jane Antonovich is a Feng Shui Designer, Organizing Expert, and founder of Jane Antonovich Designs (www.JaneAntonovich.com). Jane has a wealth of personal and professional wisdom in the fields of Feng Shui, Interior Design and Organization — with an uncanny ability to spot the hidden (yet profound) links between your homes, office, and environments…and the level of success and happiness you experience in your life.