I don’t know about you, but going to a gym in January can be difficult. Everyone is thinking about their new year’s resolution, so the gyms are packed with people trying to fulfill their goals. Now, you may be thinking you don’t have anywhere else to go and just won’t work out. Well, you can’t get out of it that easily. Just because you live in an apartment or small space doesn’t mean that you can’t exercise. We’ve put together a list, as well as some videos of some of the best exercises for your apartment or small space.
What You’ll Need:
- Resistance Bands
- Hand Weights
- Chair or Bench
- Yoga Mat
- Water Bottle
- Any Streaming Device (TV, Laptop, Tablet, or Phone)
- Jumping Jacks, or Modified Jumping Jacks if you don’t want to disturb your neighbors
- Butt Kicks
- High Knees
- Mountain Climbers
- Side Kicks
- Arms: Dips on Chair, Tricep Rows with Band, Isometric Bicep Hold with Towel, Bicep Curls, Push Ups
- Shoulders: Bent Over Rows with Band, Reverse Plank
- Chest: Modified Pushups, Wall Pushups
- Lower Back: Back Extensions or Superman
- Abs: Plank, Chair Knee Lifts, Toe Touch Crunches
- Obliques: Crunches with a Twist or Modified Plank
- Hips: Hip Flexor or Hip Flexor/Extension
- Thighs: Body Weight Squats, Forward Lunges, Wall Sits*Wall Squats), Elevated Lunge- use a chair, Lateral Lunge (side to side movement)
Best videos to watch for all over body workouts in your Apartment:
Check out this link we found for “15 apartment friendly pieces of exercise equipment you can actually fit through the door.”
This week’s blog sponsor is Salad’s UP again, our new go-to when we need a quick, healthy meal. Located just off State Street in Madison, they have salads, soups, cold-pressed juices and smoothies, and even wraps. Salads Up sources real food, prepared by real people. Check their menu out here.
For the month of January, Salad’s UP is featuring their New Year’s Revolution Salad. This salad consists of romaine and spinach, carrots, cauliflower, and edamame. Upgrade your salad with hummus, quinoa and/or avocado.
From now until January 20th, if you stop into Salad’s UP and mention MPM at the register, you will get 20% off your order!
Good Luck and Happy NEW YEAR!